Information required by the General Data Protection Regulation
(EU Regulation no. 679/2016)
An accurate processing of your personal data is key to us.
Pursuant to Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we hereby inform you on the processing of your Personal Data by Wimex S.r.l. (hereinafter “Wimex”) and on your rights.
In processing your Personal Data, Wimex ensures that your fundamental rights and freedoms are protected, and, in particular, your right to the protection of your personal data, regardless from your nationality or place of residence.
In charge of processing your Personal Data
Via Alfred Nobel 18
Tax code / VAT no. IVA 02898910217
Tel. 0471 051010
Fax 0471 051011
Personal Data collected
Processing of your Personal Data by Wimex is carried out based on your requests and/or your order (online, by phone or in person), and refers exclusively to general personal data, such as first name and last name, tax code, VAT number, address, e-mail address, phone number, payment data, user profile and password.
Data processing methods
Persona data are processed with or without resorting to automated processes, and includes all the procedures required for suitable processing, such as collection, registration, organization, structuring, filing, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication via transmission, diffusion or any other form of circulation, comparison or interconnection, limitation, cancellation or destruction.
Purposes of data processing and legal basis
- Product purchase and shipping: We use your Personal Data to process and manage your requests and orders, to ship the products and manage payments, and to interact with you about your orders, products or promotional offers.
- Development and market research: We use your Personal Data to perform market research and promote corporate development, as well as develop and improve our products and services.
- Marketing and reporting: We use your Personal Data to provide you reports/suggestions on products and services, and for marketing activities, with your explicit consent to receive any marketing communication.
Legal basis for data processing:
- your consent to data processing for certain purposes:
- fulfilment of the contract you are part of, or implementation of any pre-contractual measures adopted upon your request and/or resulting from your interest in our products and services;
- fulfilment of Wimex legal obligations.
Personal data transmission
For the purposes detailed above, personal data processed by Wimex shall be transmitted to the following recipients:
- public administration and public authorities, when required by the law;
- companies and professionals who help us in our activities (e.g. IT service providers, accountants, marketing agencies, etc.);
- companies in charge of shipping our products and catalogues.
Should the aforementioned recipients process any data on behalf of and for purposes established by Wimex, Wimex will require the Data Processors to offer adequate guarantees to protect your Personal Data.
Consent to marketing activities
We would like to send you offers and news on our products and services via email, phone, SMS and regular mail. These communications shall be sent exclusively if you consent to them. Upon registering online or upon confirming an order, you will be asked if you wish to receive any marketing communications. If you contact us by phone or in person, you will be asked to specify the communication channel through which you wish to receive such communications. Your consent may be revoked at any time, by phone or by email at email@example.com.
Offers via email.
Wimex will periodically send you offers via email, irrespective from your consent to receiving any marketing emails from us. This is a way for us to keep you posted on the offers that might interest you, based on your last order. You can oppose to our offers via email at any time. To do so, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the link specified in our emails.
We will retain your Personal Data solely for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes stated in this Data Protection Statement and/or to fulfil the legal retention obligations (e.g. tax or accounting purposes). After this period, your personal data will be safely deleted. If data are used, after such period, for analysis, statistical, history research or other legal corporate purposes, we will make sure they are used in anonymous form.
For instance, we will retain your order history, to allow you to consult, check and manage your past purchases, and especially your shipping addresses.
Data subject’s rights
Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR,
- you have the right to access your Personal Data and the related information. In particular, you have the right to obtain information on the purposes of data processing, categories of personal data, categories of recipients to which your personal data have been or will be disclosed, retention period, right to rectification, cancellation, processing limitation or objection, right to lodge a complaint, origin of your Data, if they have not been collected by us, and on the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling, and, in such case, to obtain significant information on the logic used;
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain, without undue delay, rectification of your Personal Data or the integration of your incomplete Personal Data;
- Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain, without undue delay, cancellation of your Personal Data retained by us, except if their processing is required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to fulfil any legal obligations, for reasons of public interests, or to assess, exercise or defend a right in court;
- Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain processing limitations, if the data accuracy is contested, or if their processing is illegal and you oppose to their cancellation, if they are not required any longer for the purposes stated and you need them to assess, exercise, or defend a right in court, or if you opposed to their processing, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive Personal Data in a structured and common format that can be read by an automatic device, and to ask their transmission to another Data Controller;
- Pursuant to Art. 7, par. 3 of the GDPR, to revoke your consent at any time, preventing us from processing your Personal Data;
- Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection supervisory authority, in your place of residence or work, or where our Company is based.
To revoke your consent to the processing of your Personal Data, ask information or rectification, block or cancellation, or to exercise other Data Subject’s rights, please contact us at:
Via Alfred Nobel 18
Tax code / VAT no. IVA 02898910217
Tel. 0471 051010
Fax 0471 051011
The aforementioned rights shall be exercised for free. Any further copies of your Personal Data shall be charged a fee to cover the administrative costs.
Voluntary data communication
Data communication is personal and optional. However, Personal Data are required by Wimex to conclude the contract and provide the services. Should you refuse to provide your Personal Data, we won’t be able to provide our services, except for processing of your Personal Data for marketing reasons, for which your explicit consent is required. The latter may be revoked at any time.
For more information on the cookies used by this service (third-party cookies), see Google’s website. Any website not listed by Wimex and linked to this page may use session cookies and other analysis and performance cookies.
Cookies are short text strings (letters and/or numbers) that allow the web server to store information on the client (browser) that will be reused during the same visit to the website (session cookies) or later on (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored - based on the user preferences - by the browser on the specific device used (Pc, tablet, smartphone). Similar technologies, such as web beacon, clear GIFs and all the local storage methods introduced by HTML5, can be used to collect information on the user’s behaviour and on service usage. For the purposes of this document, cookies and all similar technologies will be referred to as "cookies".
Type of cookies
Based on the cookie characteristics and use, we can divide them into three categories:
Required cookies. These cookies are essential for the correct use of the websites listed above, and are used to manage logins and access to restricted functions. Their duration is strictly limited to the work session (once the browser is closed, they are deleted). Their disabling affects the use of login services. The website public section is generally available.
Analysis and performance cookies. These cookies are used to collect and analyse the website traffic and usage in an anonymous way. For instance, these cookies are used to detect if the same user connects at different times, without identifying him. They are also used to monitor the system and improve its performance and usage. They can be disabled without losing any essential function.
Profiling cookies. These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously or not) user preferences and improve their browsing experience. The websites listed above do not use this type of cookies.
When you visit the website, you could receive cookies both from the website itself (“proprietary”) or from websites managed by other organizations (“third party”). A notable example is the presence of “social plugins” for Facebook, Twitter, Google+. These page sections are generated directly by these websites and integrated in the page of the hosting site. The most common use of social plugins is sharing content on social networks. These plugins entail the transmission of cookies to and from all the websites managed by third parties. The management of information collected by “third parties” is governed by the relevant policies. In order to ensure greater transparency, the links to the different policies and cookie management methods are listed below:
- Facebook policy: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Facebook (settings): access your account. Privacy section.
- Twitter policies: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (settings): https://twitter.com/settings/security
- Google e Youtube policy: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google e Youtube (settings): http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/
- Criteo (tracking): https://www.criteo.com/privacy/
- TradeTracker (tracking): https://tradetracker.com/it/privacy-policy/how-we-use-cookies/
- Tawk: https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or the user logs out. Other cookies “survive” when the browser is closed, and are available for future user visits.
These cookies are called ‘persistent cookies’, and their duration is established by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases they expire, and in some other cases their have unlimited duration.
We cannot exclude, by browsing the pages of the websites listed above, the interaction with third-party websites that may create or modify permanent and profiling cookies.
Users can decide whether they want to accept the cookies or not, by setting their browser. Warning: disabling technical cookies in whole or in part may affect the website functions reserved to registered users. On the other hand, public content can be enjoyed even by disabling all the cookies. Disabling “third-party” cookies does not affect your visits. This option can be set specifically for different websites and web applications. In addition, the most popular browser allow users to choose different settings for “proprietary” and “third-party” cookies. For instance, in Firefox, via Tools->Options ->Privacy, you can access a control panel and decide whether you want to accept different types of cookies or remove them.
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
• Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
• Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/4027947/windows-delete-cookies
• Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
• Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT